ISN is a specialist in this area and is currently contracted by a number of operators to run the voice and data services for their drilling campaigns. This stems from knowledge gained over many years of working with operators, and importantly the founding of ISN itself in 1999 was conceived whilst its directors worked for one.
With vast experience gained working remotely at drill sites, ISN is able to provide operators with a host of services including:
- Full project management of end-to-end service
- Requirements gathering and rig surveys
- Identification of solutions and design of systems
- Tendering and award of 3rd party services, such as VSAT, Microwave, WiMax, etc
- Installation and configuration of all systems including 3rd parties
- Single point of management for all comms and IT service providers
- Dedicated service desk for all offshore incidents
- Monthly reporting of systems’ performance including ISN and 3rd party performance
- Project closeout and demobilisation
This unique drill site solution blends systems and services neatly into the operators standard portfolio of equipment, systems and support. This is composed of key services:
- Voice and data systems – including the provision of 3rd party services and into the longer terms issues around support, management and reporting.
- Integration with 3rd party requirements – ISN works with companies such as Schlumberger, Baker Hughes and Weatherford and our prioritisation techniques for real-time data work exceptionally well in low bandwidth, high latency environments.
- Dedicated monitoring – we are able to take full responsibility for the management of 3rd party communication suppliers, to ensure that they are delivering the service to the KPIs required.
- Drilling support – to take the pressure away from IT teams, we provide an on-going support service which acts as a dedicated point of contact for the drillers, taking responsibility for the co-ordination of all incidents, problems and 3rd party management, as required.
Detailed monthly reporting provides SLA and systems’ performance, with call trends and improvement projects for the month ahead.
If you have an onshore or offshore drilling or appraisal campaign on the horizon, please get in touch.