Unfortunately, they create a dependency on localised compute resources. Collaboration is difficult, due to the constraints of data networking in a global industry with locations worldwide.
However, recent breakthroughs in virtualisation and application delivery mean that geoscience software need no longer be tethered to desk side computers. ISN is able to deliver a multitude of industry specific applications remotely from the data centre including:
- Seismic interpretation
- Reservoir management
- Well logging
Using state-of-the-art technology we enable oil and gas companies to:
- Improve control and manageability of the desktop environment – manage the desktop environment centrally from the data centre.
- Lower TCO – streamline administration, reduce energy costs and potentially extend the useful life of your PC environment.
- Reduce data duplication – maintain all G&G applications and data in one central location.
- Enhance security for applications and intellectual property – centrally control user privileges and data storage. Respond faster in the event of a disaster as 3D application data is included in centralised DR strategy.
- Facilitate peer review across geographical boundaries – through greater access to data from a wide range of devices.
- Create cost savings – on application licensing thanks to centralised deployment.
For further information, take a look at our latest datasheet. Alternatively, find out how Summit Petroleum embraced remote access solutions when they turned operator.
To learn more and explore how this solution could work for you, please get in touch.