Oil and gas companies use rich, powerful and complex geological and geoscience applications in all aspects of the project lifecycle; exploration, appraisal, development and production. Unfortunately, they create a dependency on localised compute resources and combined with connectivity limitations (the result of the remote E&P locations) inhibit collaboration.
However, recent breakthroughs in virtualisation and application delivery mean this important software need no longer be tethered to cumbersome desk side computers. ISN is able to deliver a multitude of 3D applications remotely from the data centre including:
• Seismic Interpretation
• Reservoir Management
• Well Logging
Using state-of-the-art technology we enable oil and gas companies to:
- Improve control and manageability of the desktop environment – manage the desktop environment centrally from the data centre.
- Lower TCO – streamline administration, reduce energy costs and potentially extend the useful life of your PC environment.
- Reduce data duplication – maintain all G&G files and databases in one central location.
- Enhance security for applications and intellectual property – centrally control user privileges and data storage. Respond faster in the event of a disaster as 3D application data is included in centralised DR strategy.
- Facilitate peer review across geographical boundaries – through greater access to data from a wide range of devices.
- Create cost savings – on application licensing thanks to centralised deployment.
For further information take a look at our latest datasheet.Download the Datasheet